All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis title deals with higher education: student affairs & campus issues. This book brings together new scholarship that expands and refines the concept of self-authorship across cultures. It adopts a constructive-developmental approach to self-evolution that emphasizes the interaction of personal characteristics and contextual influences on individuals' construction of kwledge, identities, and relationships. Individual chapters cover subjects from populations as varied as Dutch students, male and female Bedouin and Jewish adolescents, African American male and female adolescents in ecomically depressed areas of the US, Lati/a college students grappling with ethnic identity and dissonance, Australian college females preparing to be childcare workers, and finally a comparative study of Japanese and U.S. college students' epistemic beliefs. The book concludes by addressing questions about the challenges and opportunities involved in developing a valid measure of self-authorship that is less time and expertise-intensive than the in-depth one-on-one interview employed until w; and offering an outline of future theoretical and methodological research needed to further our understanding of self-evolution in general and self-authorship in particular.
- Author BiographyMarcia B. Baxter Magolda is Distinguished Professor of Educational Leadership at Miami University of Ohio. Elizabeth G. Creamer is Professor of Educational Research and Evaluation in the School of Education at Virginia Tech. Peggy S. Meszaros is the William E. Lavery Professor of Human Development and Director of the Center for Information Technology Impacts on Children, Youth, and Families at Virginia Tech.
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byElizabeth G. Creamer,Marcia B. Baxter Magolda,Peggy S. Meszaros
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.