All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the need for effective action toward a greener and socially inclusive ecomy has long been evident, health promotion in the context of sustainable development has faltered. Arguing that human health is the key factor to sustainable development, Development and Sustainability promotes a fresh, transdisciplinary approach to the eradication of extreme poverty. This ground-breaking book calls for new forms of cooperation which cross the traditional boundaries between social activism and science, and which are capable of harnessing the complex kwledge that such radical change requires. The contributions bridge the gap between those working for health and those working for sustainability science and the green ecomy, through developing the methodological and scientific means to deal with some of the most critical issues faced by humanity in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyAlberto D. Cimadamore is scientific director of CROP. He is a professor at the University of Buenos Aires and a researcher at the National Council of Scientific and Technological Research of Argentina (currently on leave). His research and publications are focused on the political economy of poverty, the international relations of poverty and development, and regional integration in Latin America. Fungisai P. Gwanzura Ottemoller is associate professor in the Department of Health Promotion and Development at UiB. She has done research on common mental disorders and on HIV prevention with primary school children (in Zimbabwe), and child participation in schools (in Scotland). Fungisai teaches in the master's programme in health promotion and health psychology. Her current research interests are immigrant children and families' experiences of the Norwegian child welfare system, child participation and early intervention. Maurice B. Mittelmark is professor of health promotion at the Department of Health Promotion and Development at UiB. His research and publications are focused on philosophy and methods of health promotion research, salutogenesis and resources for health, transdisciplinary collaboration for health promotion, and child health in former colonial regions. Gro Therese Lie is a professor at UiB's Department of Health Promotion and Development and former director of UiB Global, as well as a social, community and cross-cultural psychologist. She has worked on health promotion challenges in sub-Saharan Africa for twenty-seven years: prevention of and coping with HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, gender and generation, orphans and vulnerable children, and grassroots movements. She has also worked for UNDP as a consultant and research leader of multidisciplinary research groups. Her interests include participatory action research and movements for social change.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Poverty Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 6 figures, 1 index
- Weight386 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine143 mm
- Edited byAlberto D. Cimadamore,Fungisai P. Gwanzura Ottemoller,Fungisai P. Gwanzura-Ottemuller,Gro Therese Lie,Maurice B. Mittelmark
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.