All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past few decades, technical and conceptual breakthroughs have led to a virtual revolution in developmental biology. In part through cross-species compa- sons and multidisciplinary approaches (combining, for example, classical embry- ogy, genetics, molecular biology, and systems biology), major questions have often been redefined and examined from new angles and with invative tools. Analyses using such model systems as Drosophila, Xepus, zebrafish, chick, human, and mouse have underscored the remarkable extent to which molecular and genetic pa- ways are conserved across species and throughout embryonic, fetal, and adult dev- opment. What we learn from the embryo, then, is t only of fundamental interest, but may well have future practical applications in the clinic. A number of excellent volumes, including several in this series (e. g. , Hema- poietic Stem Cell Protocols, Klug and Jordan, eds. , 2002), have surveyed methods used in the study of hematopoiesis-the processes by which the multiple lineages of the blood form from stem and progenitor cells during ontogeny and throughout the entire life of the animal. These collections of protocols have focused largely on the postnatal cells of mouse and human. Our understanding of hematopoietic devel- ment, however, has benefitted ermously from investigations in a variety of org- isms at different stages of ontogeny.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/10/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 105
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight977 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMargaret H. Baron
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.