All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to help you comprehend the complexity of child development, DEVELOPMENTAL PROFILES: PRE-BIRTH THROUGH ADOLESCENCE, Eighth Edition, highlights major characteristics for each of the developmental domains in a concise, n-technical, point-by-point format. The book covers the full range of stages in child and adolescent development, highlighting important safety considerations at each developmental stage. This edition provides extensive information that teachers, families, and service providers will find useful for promoting individualized learning and identifying developmental delays in their earliest stage. It integrates current research and theory throughout, and emphasizes the importance of working collaboratively with diverse families to achieve maximum benefit for children. Both preservice and practicing teachers will turn to this excellent reference over and over again for comprehensive, easy-to-find information about each stage of development.
- Author BiographyK. Eileen Allen, professor emerita, was a member of the Early Childhood faculty at the University of Washington in Seattle and at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. For thirty-one years she taught graduate and undergraduate courses in child development, developmental disabilities in young children, parenting, early education, and an interdisciplinary approach to early intervention and inclusion. She also trained teachers and supervised research-focused classrooms at both schools and has published seven college textbooks as well as numerous research articles and position papers in major professional journals. During her retirement, she continues to write and advocate on behalf of children and families. Her most recent book is entitled, I LIKE BEING OLD: A GUIDE TO MAKING THE MOST OF AGING. Lynn R. Marotz, R.N., professor emerita, was a member of the Department of Applied Behavioral Science faculty, University of Kansas, for over thirty-five years and also served as the Associate Director of the Child Development Center. She taught large undergraduate and graduate courses in parenting, children's health, safety and nutrition, history and philosophy of early childhood education, and leadership and administration. She worked closely with students in the Early Childhood teacher education program and the families of children enrolled in the Child Development Center. Professor Marotz has authored numerous invited book chapters in national and international publications about children's health and nutrition, legal issues, and environmental safety. She is also the author of HEALTH, SAFETY, AND NUTRITION FOR THE YOUNG CHILD, DEVELOPMENTAL PROFILES: BIRTH THROUGH ADOLESCENCE, MOTIVATIONAL LEADERSHIP, and BY THE AGES: BEHAVIOR AND DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN PRE-BIRTH THROUGH EIGHT. She has been interviewed for numerous articles about children's health and nutrition and parenting that have appeared in national trade magazines, has served as a consultant for children's museums and training film productions, has presented extensively at international, national, and state conferences, and continues to hold appointments on national, state, and local committees and initiatives that advocate on behalf of children and their families.
- Author(s)K. Eileen Allen,Lynn R. Marotz
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.