All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis popular, topically organized, and thoroughly updated child and adolescent development text presents you with the best theories, research, and practical advice that developmentalists have to offer today. Authors David R. Shaffer and Katherine Kipp provide you with a current and comprehensive overview of child and adolescent development, written in clear, concise language that talks to you rather than at you. The authors also focus on application showing how theories and research apply to real-life settings. As a result, you will gain an understanding of developmental principles that will help you in your roles as parents, teachers, nurses, day-care workers, pediatricians, psychologists, or in any other capacity by which you may one day influence the lives of developing persons.
- Author BiographyKatherine Kipp, Ph.D., is Professor of Developmental Psychology at Gainesville State University. Dr. Kipp was formerly Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Georgia, where she focused on the Life-Span Developmental and Cognitive/Experimental Psychology Programs, and where she received numerous teaching and mentoring awards and fellowships. An active researcher, her interests include cognitive inhibition in children, children's memory, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and giftedness in children. She is a member of the Society for Research in Child Development, Cognitive Development Society, American Psychological Association, American Psychological Society, Society for Teaching in Psychology, and Psychonomics Society. David R. Shaffer is a Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator of Psychology at the University of Georgia, where he focuses on the Social and Life-Span Developmental Psychology Programs. He has been teaching courses in human development to graduate and undergraduate students for nearly 30 years. His many research articles have concerned such topics as altruism, attitudes and persuasion, moral development, sex roles and social behavior, self-disclosure, and social psychology and the law. He has also served as associate editor for the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and Journal of Personality.
- Author(s)David Shaffer,Katherine Kipp
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1370 g
- Width218 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 9th Revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.