Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFor the last thirteen years, the Chicago Section of the Society for Applied Spectroscopy has sponsored a symposium in the spring of each year. In this span, the symposia have shown a steady increase in attendance, in the number of papers presented, in the number of sessions, and in the number of days the conference lasted. The duration of the most recent sym- posium was four days, with sessions devoted to molecular spectroscopy, including infrared, Raman, ultraviolet, and visible, and to X-ray, NMR, emission, and flame spectroscopy, respectively, with a special session devoted to gas chroma- tography because of its growing interest in applied spectro- scopic work. Ather feature of this last symposium was the attempt on part of the Symposium Committee to establish and maintain the scientific level at that of applied physics. This should place the present symposium at a level somewhere between that of the Ohio State symposium and that of the Pittsburgh meeting, thus approaching the level of applied chemical physics. In addition, the symposium was designed to offer to sci- entists from other disciplines and students an opportunity to attend introductory panels and lectures and at the same time the mature investigators a meeting ground and the chance to keep abreast of the latest developments in spectroscopy. How well these aims have been accomplished is best attested to by the phemenal growth of the symposium.
- Author(s)J. R. Ferraro,J.S. Ziomek
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/05/2013
- Series TitleDevelopments in Applied Spectroscopy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1963
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.