All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains papers from well kwn European scholars in the field of adult education about the developments that are occurring in their countries, especially in relation to the modernity/post-modernity question in Western Europe. The book opens with a general overview of the field by Franz Poeggeler which is followed by ten accounts of adult education in both Eastern and Western Europe. The final paper, by Peter Jarvis, shows how difficult it is to develop comparative adult education. Even so, the book extends previous studies of adult education in Europe and it can be regarded as a sequel to Jarvis' previous work in this area.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Peter Jarvis is Professor of Continuing Education and head of the Department of Educational Studies at the University of Surrey, UK. Franz Poeggeler is Emeritus Professor of General Education at the Technical University of Aachen, Germany. The Contributors: Franz Poeggeler, Izabella Ratman-Liwerska, Pavel Hartl, Serguey I. Zmeyou, Rifat Okcabol, Theo Jansen and Cess Klassen, Bo Jacobsen, Walter Leirman, Denis O'Sullivan, Elisabeth Gerver, Eleonore Arthur, Peter Jarvis.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/09/1994
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleStudies in Pedagogy, Andragogy & Gerontology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight220 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byFranz Poggeler,Peter Jarvis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.