Deviant Globalization: Black Market Economy in the 21st Century by Continuum Publishing Corporation (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays introduces the thriving illicit industries and activities within the global ecomy whose growth challenges traditional tions of wealth, power, and progress. Through essays contributed by leading experts and scholars, Deviant Globalization argues that far from being marginal, illicit activities are a fundamental part of globalization. Narcotrafficking, human trafficking, the organ trade, computer malware, transnational gangs are just as much artifacts of globalization as are CNN and McDonald's, free trade and capital mobility, accessible air travel and container shipping. In fact, almost every techlogy, process, and regulation that enables mainstream globalization is an enabler of deviant globalization. This unique book explains why understanding deviant globalization as a systemic and integral part of globalization is crucial for setting up policies that will maximize the benefits of globalization and minimize its ill effects. Going beyond the usual pro/con arguments about globalization, Deviant Globalization seeks to initiate a critical debate about the choices it presents to governments, firms, supra-national organizations, and individuals. An accessible treatment of the underbelly of globalization, the book offers a systematic treatment of the difficult policy choices that it creates and describes a much more complex and symbiotic relationship between illicit and mainstream globalization.
- Author BiographyJesse Goldhammer is Senior Practitioner at Monitor 360 a San Francisco based group that helps organizations make sense of complex geo-strategic issues. Steven Weber is Professor of Political Science and Director of the Institute of International Studies at UC Berkeley, USA. He is also an associate with the International Computer Science Institute and affiliated faculty of the Energy and Resources Group. Nils Gilman is Senior Practitioner at Monitor 360, a San Francisco based group that helps organizations make sense of complex geo-strategic issues.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJesse Goldhammer,Nils Gilman,Steven Weber
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.47New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $20.09New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.