All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionAt GBP10,000, the Dundee International Book Prize is the richest prize for an unpublished vel in the UK. This year's winning title, Devil Take the Hindmost, is a gripping historical ir set during the amphitamine-fuelled craze for velodrome racing which took London by storm in the late 1920s. Into this world stumbles Paul, a bewildered Scottish farmboy running away from home. Powerfully built with a fierce passion for cycling, he is taken under the wing of Silas, a local loan shark, and from there enters a world he is ill-equipped to survive. As the races get harder, the bets get larger, and the terrifying Mr Morton starts to take an interest in Paul's career. For lovers of Peaky Blinders and Brighton Rock, Devil Take the Hindmost is a thrilling ride through an historical London that is rarely visited.
- Author BiographyMartin Cathcart Froden won the 2015 Dundee International Book Prize for his debut novel, Devil Take the Hindmost. His stories have been shortlisted for awards and he teaches creative writing.
- Author(s)Martin Cathcart Froden
- PublisherFreight Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFreight Books
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.