Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrated storyteller Gaelen Foley brings her craft to new heights with Devil Takes a Bride, the seductive tale of a man bent on revenge and the beauty who teaches him to love again. . . . In the quiet English countryside, far from the intrigues of London, Lizzie Carlisle slowly mends her broken heart, devoting herself to her new position as lady's companion to the Dowager Viscountess Strathmore-- until her peaceful life is turned upside down by a visit from Devil Strathmore, the old woman's untamed nephew--a dangerously handsome man whose wicked reputation hides a tortured soul. Devlin Kimball, Lord Strathmore, has spent years adventuring on the high seas, struggling to make his peace with the tragedy that claimed the lives of his family. But w he has uncovered the dark truth behind the so-called accident and swears retribution. He has intention of taking a bride--until his eccentric aunt's will forces he and Lizzie together, and Devlin finds his path to vengeance blocked by the stubborn but oh-so-tempting Miss Carlisle. Her passionate nature rivals his own. But disillusioned once by love, Lizzie will accept thing less than his true devotion. . . .
- Author BiographyA Pennsylvania native, Gaelen Foley holds a B.A. in English literature from S.U.N.Y. College at Fredonia. It was while studying the Romantic poets, such as Wordsworth, Byron, and Shelley, that she first became interested in the Regency period, in which her novels are set. After college, she moonlighted as a waitress for five years to keep her daylight hours free for writing and honing her craft. Her dedication paid off in 1998 when Ballantine published her first novel, The Pirate Prince, which went on to win the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award for Best First Historical Romance. Since then, her books have won the National Readers' Choice Award, the Bookseller's Best Award, the Colorado Award of Excellence, the Beacon, and for two years running, the esteemed Golden Leaf. Foley lives in Pittsburgh with her husband, Eric, and two spoiled bichons frises. She is hard at work on her next book in the Knight family series. Readers can write to her at P.O. Box 522, South Park, PA, 15129, or visit her on the Web at www.gaelenfoley.com.
- Author(s)Gaelen Foley
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight240 g
- Width107 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.