All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionAs he approaches eighty, Turner Cassity may finally be out of control. His hatchet has never fallen more lethally, meaning if you have the stomach for him he is more enjoyable than ever. Under the blade come Martha Graham, Johann Sebastian Bach, musicologists, tree huggers, Frank Gehry, folk music, folk art of all times and all places, folk...There are, however, his unpredictable sympathies: Edith Wilson, skyscrapers, Pontius Pilate, Pilate\u2019s legionnaires. He obviously has a soft spot for Pop Culture, although he cant avoid seeing it de haut en bas. As usual, he is all over the place geographically. One feels he would slash his wrists before he would write a poem about any city on the traditional Grand Tour. Manaus, Campeche, Trieste, Budapest (as destroyed by Godzilla)-these are his places. He has a disturbing willingness to write on both sides of an issue, resembling in this Bernard Shaw. You have to read very carefully to see whether he tips his hand. One looks forward to Mr. Cassity\u2019s posthumous poems, when he is beyond the reach of libel. For w, at least, we have Devils & Islands.
- Author BiographyTurner Cassity was born in 1929 in Jackson, Mississippi. He is the author of seven collections of poetry and the recipient of numerous prizes and awards. He retired in 1991 as a catalog librarian at the R. W. Woodruff Library, Emory University.
- Author(s)Turner Cassity
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwallow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.