All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter Tyler's father is injured in a tractor accident, his family is forced to hire migrant Mexican workers to help save their Vermont farm from foreclosure. Tyler isn t sure what to make of these workers. Are they undocumented? And what about the three daughters, particularly Mari, the oldest, who is proud of her Mexican heritage but also increasingly connected her American life. Her family lives in constant fear of being discovered by the authorities and sent back to the poverty they left behind in Mexico. Can Tyler and Mari find a way to be friends despite their differences? In a vel full of hope, but easy answers, Julia Alvarez weaves a beautiful and timely story that will stay with readers long after they finish it.
- Author BiographyJulia Alvarez is the author of several novels for young readers including How Tia Lola Came to Visit Stay, Finding Miracles, and Before We Were Free, winner of the ALA s Pura Belpre Award. Her books for adults include How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents, In the Time of the Butterflies, and Once Upon a Quinceanera. She is a writer-in-residence at Middlebury College in Vermont.
- Author(s)Julia Alvarez
- PublisherYearling Books
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling Books
- Weight259 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.