All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide and companion for the practitioner of Chan Buddhism contains two parts: Part one is a lively presentation of the history and practice of Chan, along with careful instruction in meditation practice. Part two provides inspiration for practitioners in the form of short teachings and aphorisms by Master Sheng Yen that will provide motivation to practice for both beginning and advanced students: The principle of practice is to t fear the rising of thoughts, but to fear becoming aware of them too late. Thoughts are illusory. Awareness is kwing that you have illusory thoughts. - Master Sheng Yen. The book includes an extensive glossary of Chan terms.
- Author BiographyChan Master Sheng Yen is the best-known Chan (Chinese Zen) master in America, having taught regularly in the West for 20 years. He has 21 centers throughout North America, as well as dozens of others throughout the world. He has co-led retreats with the Dalai Lama, and he is the author of numerous books, including Song of Mind, Complete Enlightenment, and There Is No Suffering: A Commentary on the Heart Sutra.
- Author(s)Chan Master Sheng Yen
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width176 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.