All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiberation is a fundamental subject in South Asian doctrinal and philosophical reflection. This book is a study of the discussion of liberation from suffering presented by Dharmakirti, one of the most influential Indian philosophers. It includes an edition and translation of the section on the cessation of suffering according to Marathanandin, the last commentator on Dharmakirti's Pramanavarttika in the Sanskrit cosmopolis. The edition is based on the manuscript used by Sankrtyayana and other sources. Methodological issues related to editing ancient Sanskrit texts are examined, while expanding on the activity of ancient pandits and modern editors.
- Author BiographyCristina Pecchia, PhD (La Sapienza, Rome) is a researcher at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna. She has published articles on Dharmakirti's philosophy, Indian manuscript tradition and textual criticism.
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- Languageeng, san
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleBrill's Indological Library
- Series Part/Volume Number47
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight640 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.