Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a must-read book or all diabetics. Derek LeRoith, M.D., chief of endocrilogy, Mount Sinai School of Medicine The number of diabetics in the United States has increased 61 percent in the last decade. Now this classic, accessible guide has been completely revised with new information on pre-diabetes and prevention, as well as the Metabolic Syndrome: risk factors that, along with genetic predisposition, sow the seeds of diabetes diet: sensible, easy to-follow suggestions about what, when, and how much to eat (and the choices are delicious!) new drugs: inhaled insulin powder, combination pills, insulin that lasts twenty-four hours, fast-acting designer insulin, and other milestones cutting-edge equipment: state-of-the-art insulin pumps, glucose monitors, and pen injectors complications: invations for preventing heart disease, kidney failure, neuropathy of the feet and legs, and loss of vision stem cell research: the imminent possibility of using stem cells as a source of insulin-producing beta cells surgical options: transplantation techniques If you re a diabetic or care about someone who is, this comprehensive guide and daily companion belongs front and center on your bookshelf and in your life.
- Author BiographyStanley Mirsky, M.D., is a practicing internist and diabetologist, a past president of the American Diabetes Association of New York State, and a board member of the Joslin Diabetes Center. He was named Endocrinologist of the Year for 2005 by the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He lives in New York City. Joan Rattner Heilman is an experienced health writer who has authored hundreds of articles and several books including Estrogen, What Every Woman Should Know: Staying Healthy After 40, and The Complete University Medical Diet. She Lives on Long Island.
- Author(s)Joan Heilman,Stanley Mirsky
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight166 g
- Width103 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.