All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles in this collection are centred around the question of what can be meant by assuming that change is a property of language. Either from general points of view, or in the light of specific examples, the following main topics are discussed: language use and language change as interrelated manifestations of human cognition; the directionality of linguistic development; the predictability of language change; methods of semantic reconstruction; aims of explaining language change and restrictions in doing so; the relationship between cognitive linguistics and philology.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/1992
- Series TitleDuisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight740 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byGunter Kellermann,etc.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.