All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA highly readable, insightful and sometimes humorous account of autism assessment, diagsis and life with a 'label'. Eva was diagsed with Asperger Syndrome (ASD) at age 11 and is w a fun-loving, sociable 16-year-old. This book, co-written with her mother, a speech and language therapist, discusses their reasons for seeking a diagsis, the process of being assessed, their reactions to the news and the impact it has had on Eva's life. It also considers how diagsis has helped them find strategies to lessen the challenges of living with an ASD. Concluding that it doesn't really matter whether the name for the set of traits that characterise autism changes or what it changes to, this life-affirming book shows diagsis to be a positive and empowering experience. It will be helpful to any family embarking on the assessment process as well as professionals looking for insight into a family's diagsis journey.
- Author BiographyEva Penrose is 16 years old and has had a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome since she was 11. Catherine O'Halloran is her mother and a speech and language therapist. She has worked in special schools and specialist units with young people with autism in the UK and Australia for more than 20 years. Catherine and Eva live in West Yorkshire, UK.
- Author(s)Catherine O'Halloran,Eva Penrose
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight159 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.