Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMost people fear heart disease -- and with good reason: it's the leading cause of death for both men and women. But something that people may t realize is that preventing this disease is often within their control.
Most people who develop heart disease -- at least 8 in every 10 -- have one or more major risk factors that are within their power to change. These include lack of exercise, high blood pressure, and abrmal cholesterol levels. There are surefire ways to tackle these risk factors that you can include in your daily life. This Special Health Report, Diagsis: Coronary Artery Disease, describes in detail these strategies and shows you how to keep your heart and arteries healthy for years to come.
It also includes a risk calculator to help predict your odds of developing heart disease over a 10-year period, descriptions of what to expect from various diagstic tests and procedures for heart problems, and a detailed guide to medications for the heart. And the special section describes lifestyle habits that can help your heart stay healthy.
Whether you or someone you love has heart disease or you're looking to prevent it, Diagsis: Coronary Artery Disease, can help.
- Author BiographyPeter H. Stone, M.D., Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Senior Physcian at Brigham and Women's Hosptial and Director of Vasular Profiling Research Group at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- PublisherHarvard Health Publications
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleHarvard Medical School Special Health Reports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvard Health Publications
- Out-of-print date08/02/2017
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHarvard Health Publications,Peter H. Stone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.