All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmploying historical and contemporary data and case studies, the authors also examine tonsillectomy, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, and depression, and identify differences between rhetoric and reality and the weaknesses in diagsis and treatment.
- Author BiographyGERALD N. GROB is the Henry E. Sigerist Professor of the History of Medicine Emeritus in the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research at Rutgers University. He has written extensively, including The Dilemma of Federal Mental Health Policy: Radical Reform or Incremental Change? (Rutgers University Press). ALLAN V. HORWITZ is a professor of sociology and dean for social and behavioral sciences at Rutgers University and the coauthor of The Loss of Sadness: How Psychiatry Transformed Ordinary Misery into Depressive Disorder.
- Author(s)Allan V. Horwitz,Gerald N. Grob
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleCritical Issues in Health and Medicine Series
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byRima D. Apple,Janet Golden
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.