All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis entirely case-based book covers a broad cross-section of the practical issues frequently encountered in the day-to-day activities of a molecular genetic pathologist. The book is divided into four sections on the principal areas addressed in molecular genetic pathology (MGP): inherited diseases, hematopathology, solid tumors, and infectious diseases. The topics covered by the cases in each section include test selection, qualitative and quantitative laboratory techniques, test interpretation, progstic and therapeutic considerations, ethical considerations, technical troubleshooting, and result reporting. This book will be ideal for trainees in MGP and clinical molecular genetics who require a practice-based preparation for board examinations. It will also be very useful for residents and fellows in medical specialties to which MGP is pertinent, and for practicing pathologists who want to learn more about the current practice of molecular diagstics.
- Author BiographyIris Schrijver, MD, initially studied at the University of Utrecht in The Netherlands. She gained her board certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics from the American Board of Medical Genetics and subsequently served her residency in Clinical Pathology at Stanford University. Dr. Schrijver gained her board certification in Clinical Pathology from the American Board of Pathology. Since 2003, she has been Director of the Molecular Pathology Laboratory at Stanford University Medical Center and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. She is an Associate Professor at the University, Director of the Stanford MGP fellowship program, and Associate Director of the residency program in Clinical Pathology. She has been the lead author or a co-author on 57 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight743 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byIris Schrijver
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.