All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe diagstic assessment of writing is an important aspect of language testing which has often been neclected in the literature. However, it is an area which poses special challenges to practioners both in the classroom and in large-scale testing situations. This book presents a study which set out to develop and validate a rating scale specifically designed for the diagstic assessment of writing in an academic English setting. The scale was developed by analysing a large number of writing performances produced by both native speakers of English and learners of English as an additional language. The rating scale was then validated using both quantitative and qualitative methods. The study showed that a detailed data-based rating scale is more valid and more useful for diagstic purposes than the more commonly used impressionistic rating scale.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ute Knoch is a research fellow at the Language Testing Research Centre at the University of Melbourne. Her research interests are in the area of language assessment, second language acquisition, and language pedagogy.
- Author(s)Ute Knoch
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- Series TitleLanguage Testing and Evaluation
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight530 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.