All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a beginning design student, you need to learn to think like a designer, to visualize ideas and concepts, as well as objects. In Diagramming the Big Idea, Jeffrey Balmer and Michael T. Swisher illustrate how you can create and use diagrams to clarify your understanding of both particular projects and organizing principles and ideas. With accessible, step-by-step exercises that interweave diagrams, drawings and virtual models, the authors clearly show you how to compose meaningful and useful diagrams. As you follow the development of the four project groups drawn from the authors' teaching, you will become familiar with architectural composition concepts such as proportion, site, form, hierarchy and spatial construction. In addition, description and demonstration essays extend concepts to show you more examples of the methods used in the projects. Whether preparing for a desk critique, or any time when a fundamental insight can help to resolve a design problem, this book is your essential studio resource.
- Author BiographyJeffery Balmer is an assistant professor of architecture at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Michael T. Swisher is an associate professor of architecture at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Balmer,Michael T. Swisher
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note110 black & white halftones, 70 colour illustrations, 945 black & white line drawings, 25 colour line drawings
- Weight952 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.