Dialect Notes, Vol. 1 (Classic Reprint) by Unknown Author (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Dialect Notes, Vol. 1 The Annual Meeting for 1889 was held Monday, December 30, in No.5 Sever Hall, Cambridge, Mass. The meeting was called to order by the President, Professor Child, soon after 10 a.m. The first business was the reading of the Secretary's report, as follows: - In January, 1889, the proposition was made out of which has come this society. The plan was well received when spoken of by the present Secretary in conversation with several persons, and a meeting was in consequence called to consider the question of establishing a Dialect Society. This meeting was held in No.35 Sever Hall, and twenty-eight persons were present. A report of the proceedings follows: - The meeting was called to order at 4.15 p.m. by Professor E. S. Sheldon. Mr. Justin Winsor was chosen chairman of the meeting, Mr. C. H. Grandgent secretary. Professor Sheldon, at the request of the chairman, explained the object of the proposed society; namely, the investigation of the English dialects of America with regard to pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, phraseology, and geographical distribution. The gentlemen present then discussed the nature of the work to be done, the results obtained by similar associations in other countries, and the feasibility of beginning with a large membership. Mr. W. W. Newell stated that the intended organization would t interfere with the American Folk-Lore Society, and expressed the opinion that the two bodies might work together with advantage to both. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Unknown Author
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.