All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA phological analysis of a modern English dialect based on the transformational generative theory. Using the theoretical framework of generative phology as put forth by Chomsky and Halle, discussed in the introduction, this book contains a detailed description of the sound segments of the present day dialect of the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. It then attempts to analyse the underlying sound segments and to provide the set of ordered rules that generate the surface structure. It also gives evidence that the underlying sound segments are remarkably stable, both through time and space, and that the differences of the surface structures are due to strikingly minimal changes in the ordering of the set of phological rules.
- Author(s)Joerg Berger
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/1980
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 83
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notecharts,plan,map
- Weight250 g
- Height230 mm
Save on Other
- AU $35.59Trending at AU $67.19
- AU $41.23Trending at AU $44.10
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.63
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $22.10
- AU $23.40Trending at AU $28.38
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $45.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.