Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a psychotherapeutic approach designed particularly to treat the problems of chronically suicidal individuals with borderline personality disorder (BPD). The therapy articulates a series of principles that effectively guide clinicians in responding to suicidal and other behaviours that challenge them when treating this population. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy highlights 30 distinctive features of the treatment and uses extensive clinical examples to demonstrate how the theory translates into practice. In part I: The Distinctive Theoretical Features of DBT, the authors introduce us to the three foundations on which the treatment rests - behaviourism, Zen and dialectics - and how these integrate. In part II: The Distinctive Practical Features of DBT, Swales and Heard describe both how the therapy applies these principles to the treatment of clients with borderline personality disorder and elucidate the distinctive conceptual twists in the application of cognitive and behavioural procedures within the treatment. This book provides a clear and structured overview of a complex treatment. It is written for both practicing clinicians and students wishing to learn more about DBT and how it differs from the other cognitive behaviour therapies.
- Author BiographyMichaela A. Swales is a lecturer-practitioner in clinical psychology at Bangor University and a consultant clinical psychologist at the North Wales Adolescent Service, North Wales NHS Trust. She is the Director of the British Isles DBT Training Team. Heidi L. Heard is a senior trainer for BehavioralTech, USA and an international consultant and supervisor in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. She has written extensively about DBT and borderline personality disorder.
- Author(s)Heidi L. Heard,Michaela A. Swales
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCBT Distinctive Features
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date10/11/2016
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.