All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElusive to definition, the black humor vel is subject to controversy. Yet, when viewed dialectically as an ongoing literary process and social product, its irreducible quality seems inherent and essential to its nature. Operating on several simultaneous levels in a force-field termed the space between, black humor is perceived and mediated in a middle realm, often metaphorical. Thus, a reorientation toward a disorienting type of fiction is effected. American theories of black humor are tested on German vels, and European socio-critical theory is applied to American fiction. A socio-literary perspective is the result.
- Author(s)Linda Horvay Barnes
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/1978
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 15
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight180 g
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.