Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the nation celebrates The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, in a small corner of east Kent the killing of an elderly woman reveals the failings of society and a mystery spanning five decades. Diamond Jubilee is much more than a Police Procedural. The multi-perspective approach and 'behind the scenes' of the police investigation makes it stand out from others. - Erika Izawa Msc: Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London . It gives insight into the recent social history of the English nation whilst taking the reader on a whistle-stop tour of the festivals and events of 2012. Kevan Jones is a retired London Bobby and Diamond Jubilee is his first book. From its well-drawn opening to the complexities of its conclusions this book makes an original contribution to British crime fiction. It makes telling use of the small Kentish towns which form the backdrop to an increasingly sinister tale of multiple murders, killings, which as the book carefully narrates, have their origins in events many years before. The unfolding story makes effective use of the police procedural format but offers some original insights into the way different areas of the investigation have to be brought together so the overall picture can be understood. All the characters are well drawn but the main police detective is a very believable everyday family man who also happens to be a very astute, patient and inspiring leader. The narrative is well paced and the various threads, which derive from the lines of enquiry pursued by the police, tied together well as the police move to the conclusion of their hunt. There are some sharp surprises as the story progresses which always keep the reader engaged and turning the page. Its conclusion is chilling but consistent with the events which have been hinted at in different parts of the book. So with a careful sense of plot matched by an ability to create a world where characters and history come to life this is an effective debut vel. - Dr Laurence Marlow: Former Pro Dean and Lecturer in Crimilogy at London South Bank University.
- Author(s)Kevan Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.