All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionGlittering jewels and precious stones, diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires have from time immemorial held a special fascination because of their rarity and beauty. This book examines the techniques involved in mining, cutting and trading in gems - the incredible transformation of precious stones from works of nature to works of art - and the legends associated with such famous stones as the Koh-i-Noor diamond in the British Crown Jewels, the unlucky Hope Diamond and the immense Star of India sapphire. Equally absorbing are the people whose lives have been entwined with famous gems, personalities as diverse as Aztec emperors, Great Mughals, the merchant princes of Florence, European royalty, film stars and duchesses in exile.
- Author(s)Jack Hawkes,Patrick Voillot
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/1998
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleNew Horizons S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width125 mm
- Height180 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.