Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe tragic death of Diana, Princess of Wales, shook the world. No one who lived through those days in the late summer of 1997 will ever forget the unprecedented outpourings of grief, shock, and anger that followed. And in the days leading up to her funeral, it seemed as if the whole of humanity had spontaneously united to mourn her loss.But who was this young woman who had come to symbolize so much to so many? How was it that she could reach out to touch lives t only of whole communities but individuals, too? What lay behind her inspiration-and what will be the lasting impact of her legacy?
No book yet written about Diana has come close to the person so many people speak of as having been a beacon of light in their lives. Here, for the first time, is the Diana that many of those closest to her knew.
Written with the full cooperation of the late princess's estate, Diana: The Portrait tells Diana's story through her own words and the words of people, both famous, and, until w, unkwn. Beautifully designed, it is a lavishly illustrated with nearly 500 images of Diana, including many pictures never previously published, taken from sources including the Spencer family archive, the Althorp Museum, the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund archive, and the private collections of the friends, charities, and individuals whose lives she touched.
Drawing on over 200 original interviews, including those of family members and friends, many of whom have never spoken before, this remarkable book will stand as a unique and lasting testament to the life and work of one of the extraordinary and enduring icons of the 20th century.
- Author(s)Rosalind Coward
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3062 g
- Width259 mm
- Height347 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition StatementAmerican ed