All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this contemporary retelling of Bram Stoker's Dracula, Estonian writer Mati Unt offers a playful yet unsettling mixture of fact and fiction, combining pieces of Estonian political history--in particular the figure of Lydia Koidula (1843-1886), widely regarded as the first Estonian woman to express an Estonian longing for independence--with portraits of life in contemporary Estonia, all set against a backdrop of vampirism and the Gothic vel.
- Author BiographyMati Unt was an Estonian writer, essayist and theatre director. Unt's first novel, written at the age of 18 after having finished high school, was H vasti, kollane kass. This made him famous all over Estonia.
- Author(s)Mati Unt
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEastern European Literature Series
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width142 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byAnts Eert
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.