All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comparative and historical analysis of foreign direct investment (FDI) liberalization in China and India and explains how the return of these countries' diasporas affects such liberalization. It examines diasporic investment from Western FDIs and finds that diasporas, rather than Western nations, have fueled globalization in the two Asian giants. In China, diasporas contributed the lion's share of FDI inflows. In India, returned diasporas were bridges for, and initiators of, Western investment at home. Min Ye illustrates that diasporic entrepreneurs helped to build China into the world's manufacturing powerhouse and that Indian diasporas facilitated their homeland's success in software services development.
- Author BiographyMin Ye is an Assistant Professor of International Relations and the director of the East Asian Studies Program at Boston University. She has served as a visiting scholar and professor in China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and India and has taught summer courses at Fudan University, Zhejiang University, and the Chinese University of Broadcasting and Mass Media. Her publications include The Making of Northeast Asia (with Kent Calder, 2010) and various articles published in such journals as the Journal of East Asian Studies, Modern China Studies, and China Public Affairs Quarterly. In China, Ye also serves as a consultant on globalization for private and state-run companies, including Baosteel and CHINT. She is on the advisory board for the construction of the Ocean Economic Development Zone in Zhejiang Province and the Baosteel High-Tech Zone in Guangdong Province.
- Author(s)Min Ye
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus. 3 maps 25 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.