All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionDick Grayson-alter-ego of the original Robin of Batman comics-has gone through various changes in his 75 years as a superhero but has remained the optimistic, humorous character readers first embraced in 1940. Predating Green Lantern and Wonder Woman, he is one of DC Comics' oldest heroes and retains a large and loyal fanbase. The first scholarly work to focus exclusively on the Boy Wonder, this collection of new essays features critical analysis, as well as interviews with some of the biggest names to write Dick Grayson, including Chuck Dixon, Devin Grayson and Marv Wolfman. The contributors discuss his vital place in the Batman saga, his growth and development into independent an hero, Nightwing, and the many stroyline connections which put him at the center of the DC Universe. His character is explored in the contexts of feminism, trauma, friendship and masculinity.
- Author BiographyKristen L. Geaman is a lecturer in medieval history at the University of Toledo, USA. She has published articles on medieval England in The English Historical Review and Social History of Medicine. She lives in Findlay, Ohio, USA.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKristen L. Geaman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.