All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFrom AdBusters to viral marketing, this brief dictionary of ideas and concepts contains over 100 extended, illuminating entries to bring the vice up to speed on the advertising/marketing world and the ideas that underlie it. For the neophyte professional, it describes the various players and strategies of the industry. For the student, it summarizes the key ideas of the most important cultural theorists introduced in advertising and marketing courses. For everyone, it helps explain the cultural, ecomic, and psychological role that advertising concepts play in society. A handy introduction for students and a quick reference for young professionals.
- Author BiographyArthur Asa Berger is professor emeritus of Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts at San Francisco State University, where he taught between 1965 and 2003. He has been a visiting professor in Italy, Germany, Hong Kong, and China and has lectured in more than a dozen countries. Berger is author of over one hundred articles and has authored or edited more than seventy five books on media, popular culture, social theory, humour, and tourism. His books have been translated into nine languages. Among his recent books are Seeing is Believing: An Introduction to Visual Communication , What Objects Mean: An Introduction to Material Culture , The Objects of Affection, Media and Society , Media and Communication Research Methods , Bloom's Morning, Ads, Fads and Consumer Culture , Understanding American Icons , and Shop 'Til You Drop . He was elected to the University of Iowa School of Journalism and Mass Communication's Hall of Fame in 2009.
- Author(s)Arthur Asa Berger
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byFred S. Goldberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.