Dictionary of Concepts in Physical Geography by Thomas P. Huber, Gary L. Peters, Robert P. Larkin (Hardback, 1988)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $121.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $111.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a dictionary of concepts in physical geography, this book includes a variety of analyses reaching back to origins of terms, making the work of interest to intellectual historians. The search for the intellectual genesis of each term, its development, usage, and change in meaning is accomplished with brevity and clarity. References and sources of additional information accompany each entry and provide readers with the opportunity to further their inquiry...Highly recommended for upper-division and graduate students and general readers Choice This volume provides definitions and historical perspective for specialized and technical concepts used in current research and writing in the field of physical geography. Of particular value to the serious student and professional in geography and related fields, the dictionary covers some 100 major concepts and provides the most complete reference available in the field to date. For each concept, the authors provide detailed definitions, arranged from the earliest to the most recent. They proceed to describe the historical growth of each term using original research works for references whenever possible. This enables the researcher to see how the concept has evolved over time, how it is currently used, and what the general direction of research might be in the future. Each entry also includes a list of prominent references concerning the concept and a bibliography of additional sources of information available such as texts, literature, reviews, important articles, and bibliographies. Complete cross referencing of concepts and an appendix that groups concepts into broad categories make the dictionary an especially valuable reference tool for both beginning students interested in the scope of physical geography and advanced students pursuing graduate study in the field.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS P. HUBER is a member of the Department of Geography at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. ROBERT P. LARKIN is Professor of Geography and Environmental Studies at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. GARY L. PETERS is Professor of Geography at California State University, Long Beach.
- Author(s)Gary L. Peters,Robert P. Larkin,Thomas P. Huber
- Date of Publication17/05/1988
- Series TitleReference Sources for the Social Sciences & Humanities
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 5
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.