All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive new dictionary comprises over 1300 definitions and brief articles to provide an extremely useful ready-reference work on solid, liquid and gaseous fuels, including information on the scenes of production of many fuels, such as major coal reserves and large oil and gas fields. Ecomics are addressed with entries included for all the major indices for oil, coal and natural gas pricing. The political perspective is also dealt with, covering the oil-producing countries and OPEC; environmental issues also feature, as do entries on chemical compounds, trade names, industrial processes and much more. The book carefully traces fuel usage since industrialisation with information provided on some 19th century events such as the Drake well. However, there is a correct balance of entries in terms of the periods to which they relate and thoroughly modern topics such as enhanced oil recovery are featured. Users of the Dictionary will gain an appreciation of the development of fuel and energy techlogy and sense the continuity or, in some cases, revival of ideas. As an example, what is w kwn as 'BTU conversion' and often treated as if it were vel is, in fact, a return to gasification techlogies that were used a century or more ago! The Dictionary of Energy and Fuels is a reliable reference work on fuel and energy which will remain of great usefulness despite any future changes and trends in related techlogies. This easy-to-use dictionary will be of great value to undergraduates, postgraduates and professionals in fuel techlogy, industrial chemistry, chemical and mechanical engineering and whenever a ready-reference on energy and fuels is required.
- Author BiographyClifford Jones, Reader in Engineering, The University of Aberdeen, UK Nigel Russell, ExxonMobil Fellow, Lecturer in Chemical Engineering, The University of Sheffield, UK
- Author(s)Clifford Jones,Nigel Russell
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2007
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.