All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dictionary of Food Ingredients is a unique, easy-to-use source of infor- mation on over 1,000 food ingredients. Like the previous editions, the new and updated Third Edition provides clear and concise information on currently used additives, including natural ingredients, FDA-approved artificial ingredients, and compounds used in food processing. The dictionary entries, organized in alphabetical order, include information on ingredient functions, chemical properties, and uses in food products. The updated and revised Third Edition contains approximately 150 new entries, and includes an updated and expanded bibliography. It also lists food ingredients ac- cording to U. S. federal regulatory status. Users of the two previous editions have commented favorably on the dictionary's straightforward and clearly-written definitions, and we have endeavored to maintain that standard in this new edition. We trust it will continue to be a valuable reference for the food scientist, food processor, food product developer, nutritionist, extension specialist, and student. R. S. Igoe Y. H. Hui vii Ingredients A Acacia See Arabic. Acesulfame-K A n-nutritive sweetener, also termed acesulfame potas- sium. It is a white, crystalline product that is 200 times sweeter than sucrose. It is t metabolized in the body. It is relatively stable as a powder and in liquids and solids which may be heated. Acesulfame-K is approved for use in dry food products. Acesulfame Potassium See Acesulfame-K.
- Author(s)Robert S. Igoe
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.