All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dictionary of Jewish Biography provides a rapid reference to those Jewish men and women who have, over the last four thousand years, contributed to the life, history and study of Judaism in all its facets. From Abraham to Saul Bellow, from Moses Maimonides to Woody Allen, from the Baal Shem Tov to Albert Einstein, this comprehensive dictionary of Jewish biographies provides a first point of entry into the fascinating richness of the Jewish heritage. Modelled on the highly acclaimed Dictionary of Christian Biography (Continuum 2001) and with the advice of leading Jewish scholars, the Dictionary of Jewish Biography provides a rapid reference to those Jewish men and women who have, over the last four thousand years, contributed to the life of the Jewish people and the history of the Jewish religion. This dictionary will prove essential for general readers interested in the evolution of Judaism from ancient times to the present day, a perfect study aid for students and teachers. Designed as an accessible reference tool, this volume is an indispensable guide for anyone interested in the history of the Jewish people - the uninitiated will become initiated; the curious will become informed; the informed will w have a handy reference tool. This paramic bibliographic survey provides a unique guide to the leading figures of the past and present. Included are: Rabbinic Scholars, Key Religious Thinkers, Spiritual Leaders, Founders Of Religious Movements, Major Writers, Enlightenment Figures, Novelists And Journalists, Artists Scientists, Mystics, Israeli Politicians, Zionists, Musicians, Actors and Actresses, Film Stars, Famous Rabbis, Distinguished Cantors, Biblical Figures, Athletes, Ecomists, Architects, and Radicals and Heretics.
- Author BiographyRabbi Professor Dan Cohn-Sherbok has written and edited over 70 books including Judaism: History, Belief and Practice; The Future of Judaism; and Fifty Key Jewish Thinkers. He is currently Professor of Jewish Theology at the University of Wales at Lampeter.
- Author(s)Dan Cohn-Sherbok
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/01/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight611 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.