All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn industry, miscommunication can cause frustration, create downtime, and even trigger equipment failure. By providing a common ground for more effective discourse, the Dictionary of Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical Processing can help eliminate costly miscommunication. An essential resource for oil, gas, and petrochemical industry professionals, engineers, academic staff, and science and engineering students, the dictionary defines over 5,000 technical and commercial terms encompassing exploration, production, processing, refining, pipelining, finance, management, and safety. From basic engineering principles to the latest drilling techlogy, the text covers the fundamentals and their real-world applications. Alphabetically arranged for quick reference, it contains easy-to-understand descriptions and figures, as well as oil and gas SI units and metric equivalents. Industry newcomers and personnel with technical background especially benefit from the book's practical language that clearly demonstrates the concepts behind the definitions.
- Author BiographyAlireza Bahadori is a researcher at the School of Environment, Science and Engineering, Southern Cross University, Lismore, Australia. He also serves as an editorial board member for a number of journals and has authored over 200 articles and six books. He received his Ph.D from Curtin University, Bentley, Australia. For the better part of 20 years, he held various process engineering positions and was involved in many large-scale projects at the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), Tehran; Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), Muscat; and Clough AMEC, Perth, Australia. Chikezie Nwaoha is an independent researcher, petroleum/natural gas engineer, and graduate of petroleum engineering from Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. He has co-edited two books, co-authored several articles, and contributed as editor and correspondent to numerous publications. He is member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Occupational Safety and Health Association Nigeria (OSHAN), and Pipeline Professionals' Association of Nigeria (PLAN). He is also associate member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), guest member of Subsea Integrity Research Group, University of Aberdeen, UK, and graduate student at Petroleum and Petrochemical College, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. Malcolm W. Clark is senior lecturer at the School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern Cross University, Lismore, Australia. The author of over 200 scholarly works, including six books and book chapters, 19 patents, and 85 refereed journal and conference proceedings, he holds a B.Sc and M.Sc from Canterbury University, Christchurch, New Zealand and a Ph.D in environmental and engineering geochemistry from Southern Cross University. He has served as a full-time researcher, investigating the geochemistry and reuse of bauxite refinery residues. In commercializing this research, he also has undertaken many projects and consultancies for the mining and mineral processing industry.
- Author(s)Alireza Bahadori,Chikezie Nwaoha,Malcolm William Clark
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.