All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ben cao gang mu, compiled in the second half of the sixteenth century by a team led by the physician Li Shizhen (1518 1593) on the basis of previously published books and contemporary kwledge, is the largest encyclopedia of natural history in a long tradition of Chinese materia medica works. Its description of almost 1,900 pharmaceutically used natural and man-made substances marks the apex of the development of premodern Chinese pharmaceutical kwledge. The Ben cao gang mu dictionary offers access to this impressive work of 1,600,000 characters. This first book in a three-volume series analyzes the meaning of 4,500 historical illness terms.
- Author BiographyZhang Zhibin is Professor at the Institute of Basic Research in Clinical Medicine, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences. Paul U. Unschuld is Professor and Director of the Horst-Goertz Endowment Institute for the Theory, History, and Ethics of Chinese Life Sciences at Charite-Medical University, Berlin. His previous books include Medicine in China: A History of Ideas (UC Press).
- Author(s)Paul U. Unschuld,Zhibin Zhang
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight948 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Other
- AU $116.00Trending at AU $125.49
- AU $34.35Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $68.88Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $33.31Trending at AU $38.93
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $18.14
- AU $12.42Trending at AU $22.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.