About this product
- DescriptionDidier Drogba. is best kwn for his career at Chelsea,whose supporters voted him the club's greatest ever player and where he scored more goals than any other foreign player and is the club's fourth highest goal scorer of all time. He became the only player in history to score in four separate FA Cup finals, when he scored in Chelsea's win over Liverpool in the 2012 final. Drogba has captained the Ivory Coast national team since 2006 and is the nation's all-time top goal scorer with 62 goals. He captained the team in the World Cup in 2014.He was named African Footballer of the Year in 2006 and 2009. He is also the captain and all-time top scorer of the Ivory Coast national football team. In October 2013, he became the first African footballer to win the prestigious Golden Foot while playing for Galatasaray. This, the first of a three part comic book biography, describes the childhood and schooldays of little Tito , his first visit to France, how he had to study and get away to play football. It follows him to his first successes with the teams of Le Mans and Guingamp; his happy time with Olympic Marseilles and his initial reluctance to move to Chelsea. In the meantime he falls in love and becomes a father. He is also badly affected by the crisis that breaks out in his country, Ivory Coast and, at an early age, he shows his hatred of violence and war. The images are vividly drawn and the story is full of humour and excitement.His key attributes include his physical strength, ability in the air, and his ability to retain possession of the ball. This book will be appreciated by lovers of football from the age of 8 to 80.
- Author(s)Gabin Bao
- PublisherBooks of Africa Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBooks of Africa Ltd
- Content Notefull colour throughout
- Width195 mm
- Height257 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gabin Bao
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.