All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe situation of persons with Down syndrome has changed dramatically in the last years. On the one hand, their lifespan and quality of life have risen considerably; on the other hand, the chance of their very survival has fallen because of modern methods of prenatally diagsing their disability. How did the modern defect-oriented view of things come to assume the place it has in medical affairs? The author seeks out the historical roots of this particular medical vantage point - the phemen of mongolism is well kwn since the 19th century - and also points out how far the race-biolological evaluation of Down syndrome has survived even to the present day and influenced t only the medical vantage point. The volume thus represents an important contribution to medical ethics and grants the other side, namely, the position of the persons involved, a special venue. This text is in German.
- Author(s)Katja Weiske
- PublisherV&R unipress GmbH
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMedizin Und Kulturwissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&R unipress GmbH
- Weight331 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.