Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn a new, user-friendly form this concise reference work compares and contrasts the most important words occurring in a similar or identical form in Portuguese and German but differing substantially in meaning. The temptation with such word pairs is to assume that they have the same meaning in the foreign language as they have in one's native tongue and hence to fall into the 'false friends' trap. This book is designed to help avoid such errors. The clear arrangement of the relevant headwords in both languages on one page facilitates use of the book and also provides a visual aid in memorising the semantic differences between the terms in question. An abundance of sentence examples serve to illustrate correct usage.
- Author(s)Maria Teresa Hundertmark-Santos Martins
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/01/1995
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.