All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fourth, revised and expanded 1850 edition of an influential two-volume work originally published in 1830 by the German scientist and philosopher Gotthilf Heinrich von Schubert (1780-1860). Schubert studied theology and medicine, and taught natural history at Erlangen and Munich, specialising in botany, forestry and mineralogy. He also lectured on topics including animal magnetism, clairvoyance and dreams, and attempted to reconcile Enlightenment philosophy with Christian faith. This book presents Schubert's views on human nature as body, soul and spirit, and on humankind's place in the natural order. Volume 1 introduces Schubert's ideal of a harmonious balance between opposing forces, contrasting the animate and the inanimate and describing the mineral, vegetable and animal kingdoms and their interactions. It then focuses on human anatomy and physiology, and discusses the senses, heredity, sleep and death, and the differences between humans and other animals.
- Author(s)Gotthilf Heinrich von Schubert
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Spiritualism and Esoteric Knowledge
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.