Die Lineale Ausdehnungslehre Ein Neuer Zweig Der Mathematik: Dargestellt Und Durch Anwendungen Auf Die Ubrigen Zweige Der Mathematik, Wie Auch Auf Die Statik, Mechanik, Die Lehre Vom Magnetismus Und Die Krystallonomie Erlautert by Hermann Grassmann (Paperback, 2012)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Prussian schoolmaster Hermann Grassmann (1809-77) taught a range of subjects including mathematics, science and Latin and wrote several secondary-school textbooks. Although he was never appointed to a university post, he devoted much energy to mathematical research and developed revolutionary new insights. Die lineale Ausdehnungslehre, published in 1844, is an astonishing work which was t understood by the mathematicians of its time but which anticipated developments that took a century to come to fruition - vector spaces, dimension, exterior products and many other ideas. Admired rather than read by the next generation, it was only fully appreciated by mathematicians such as Pea and Whitehead.
- Author(s)Hermann Grassmann
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Mathematics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight410 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.