Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the divine singer who could tame wild animals and enchant inanimate nature, and who for love of his wife descended to the underworld, has exercised a never-ending fascination throughout all epochs. It is therefore scarcely surprising that the myth of Orpheus became a source of inspiration and his figure a leading character for the new genre of opera, which was beginning to establish itself in the 17th century. The fate of the singer provided seven music dramas with their material, the metamorphoses of which cast light on baroque authors, their public and their age.
- Author BiographyOlga Artsibacheva, Koln.
- Author(s)Olga Artsibacheva
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFra1/4he Neuzeit
- Series Part/Volume Number132
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.