CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a religious-historical perspective this work investigates the message and theology of the so-called Book of the Watchers (1 Ech 1-36) as a separate book of early Judaism of the third century BC. Starting with the literary profile of the text, the study goes on to illuminate its importance in the context of the Ptolemaic supremacy over Palestine. From this perspective the Book of the Watchers appears as a powerful appeal addressed to a broad Jewish audience to recognize the relevance of its religion and of the traditional way of life.
- Author BiographyVeronika Bachmann, Universitat Zurich, Schweiz.
- Author(s)Veronika Bachmann
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleBeihefte Zur Zeitschrift Fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number409
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.