All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor twelve-year-old Diego, home is a prison in Cochabamba, Bolivia. His parents are locked up, but he is free to come and go: to school, to the market to sell his mother's hand-knitted goods, and to work as a 'taxi', running errands for the prisoners. But when his little sister runs away and his mother receives a heavy fine, Diego has to make big money, fast. His friend Mando has a plan...Lured by the promise of riches, Diego and Mando are soon deep in the jungle and far from home. Forced to manufacture cocaine in terrible conditions, Diego must risk everything if he wants to see his family again...Deborah Ellis has used her investigative skills, her strong social conscience and her gift for storytelling to turn a complex situation into a rip-roaring, heart-wrenching adventure.
- Author BiographyDeborah Ellis is an internationally acclaimed Canadian author. Her first children's book, Looking for X, won the Canadian Governor General's Award for Children's Literature. Since then, she has become a best-selling author in Australia and overseas, loved by children and adults for her Parvana books. She has also written non-fiction about refugees for adults and children. All of her work reflects her strong social conscience and storytelling skills.
- Author(s)Deborah Ellis
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight198 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.