Diet, Brain, Behavior: Practical Implications by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $195.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $234.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the field of nutritional neuroscience has grown, both the scientific community and the general population have expressed a heightened interest in the effect of nutrients on behavior. Diet, Brain, Behavior: Practical Implications presents the work of a diverse group of scientists who collectively explore the broad scope of research in the field. The subject matter of each chapter in this volume was chosen to ensure the current or potential for further applicability to practical, applied issues. Topics discussed include: * Concepts of mental energy and fatigue * The dangers of obesity and its effect on behavior * Exercise, dietary restriction, and supplements for weight loss * The effects of caffeine, creatine, theanine, B vitamins, and other dietary supplements on brain functioning and behavior * The reward deficiency hypothesis and eating disorders * The importance of maintaining proper fluid intake * The effects of eating breakfast on performance * The role of diet in pain sensitivity During the past decade, there has been an explosion in research and publications in this field. This collection of contributions represents the cutting edge of current research and new advancements in this area. The book provides essential information to those working in a diverse range of fields, including nutrition, neuroscience, psychology, and exercise physiology as well as medicine, dietetics, and occupational therapy.
- Author BiographyRobin B. Kanarek is a John Wade Professor, Professor of Psychology, and Adjunct Professor of Nutrition at Tufts University. He received his Ph.D. in Psychology from Rutgers University, in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Harris R. Lieberman is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Connecticut. His research interests include nutritional factors, dietary supplements and brain function, effects of nutrition on human cognitive performance, and environmental stress and central nervous system function.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byHarris R. Lieberman,Robin B. Kanarek
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.