All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStewart Barry Segal, M.D. claims that America's obsession with dieting is killing the population. The unnatural effects of dieting leaves Americans five pounds heavier and unhealthier than when they started. In his book, Diets and Other Unnatural Acts, Dr. Segal explains that being wealthy is t as important as being wellthy. Dr. Segal credits an original patient for the inspiration to create his Live Wellthy system. After seeing how his patient misspent his health, Segal decided to write a book showing how crash diets and trendy magic bullets were ineffective and how living a life where being well trumps excesses and excuses would be beneficial to everyone. He uses his book to compare dieting to finances. He explains that people should invest in themselves the way they invest in their financial wellbeing. Everyone understands savings and checking accounts and the need to work toward financial security, Dr. Segal says. The same tools used to invest in building financial wealth can be used to gain physical, emotional, nutritional, and spiritual 'wellth.' By working hard to build up wellthy reserves in your health accounts, you will be able to reap the benefits. Segal feels that America's obsession with quick-fix diets and exercise routines can prove to be unhealthy and needs to stop. By investing in your wellthy self, you can maintain a happy and healthy lifestyle without the ups and downs of dieting. This easy to read guide gives practical advice on caring for yourself. Dr. Segal uses analogies to build a workable healthcare plan that sets his book apart from any other lifestyle book. By encouraging his readers to adapt his Living Wellthy lifestyle, they can avoid making a bad health investment and avoid regrets and disappointment. Diets and Other Unnatural Acts is available for sale online at Amazon.com and other sources including Kindle.
- Author BiographyStewart Barry Segal, M.D. is a board certified family physician and founder of Lake Zurich Family Treatment Center in Illinois. He has been a pioneer in open access medicine for nearly three decades. He is a physician educator, teaching both patients and physicians, and has served as an investigator in more than 25 clinical trials. Segal's passion is preventative medicine and publishes articles on a daily basis at www.livewellthy.org.
- Author(s)Stewart B Segal,Stewart Barry Segal M D
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.