Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDifference algebra grew out of the study of algebraic difference equations with coefficients from functional fields. The first stage of this development of the theory is associated with its founder, J.F. Ritt (1893-1951), and R. Cohn, whose book Difference Algebra (1965) remained the only fundamental mograph on the subject for many years. Nowadays, difference algebra has overgrown the frame of the theory of ordinary algebraic difference equations and appears as a rich theory with applications to the study of equations in finite differences, functional equations, differential equations with delay, algebraic structures with operators, group and semigroup rings. The mograph is intended for graduate students and researchers in difference and differential algebra, commutative algebra, ring theory, and algebraic geometry. The book is self-contained; it requires prerequisites other than the kwledge of basic algebraic concepts and a mathematical maturity of an advanced undergraduate.
- Author(s)Alexander Levin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/04/2008
- Series TitleAlgebra and Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight923 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byA. Verschoren
- Series Edited byA. Fialowski,Eric M. Friedlander,J.P.C. Greenlees,G. Hiss,Ieke Moerdijk,Idun Reiten,Christoph Schweigert,Mina Teicher
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.